Most Popular DIY Posts of 2014 | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Most Popular DIY Posts of 2014

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Most Popular DIY Posts of 2014



Wow, a new year is upon us already! 

Sometimes it feels like I've been posting and blog mingling for years, but I can't believe I started just over a year ago.  Thanks to all of my readers and friends during 2014, I've obtained goals and planned new ones. 

It's been fun and sometimes challenging, transforming furniture pieces and repurposing items into new life. It's been so exciting to be able to create and share that I can't imagine doing anything else.  When readers appreciate my posts and share thoughts and ideas with me, the entire process is quite rewarding! It seems as though our DIY community has become one big family. I can't wait to see what we do together in the next year! 

Before we enter 2015, here are the top ten viewed posts over this year: 




 Number 10 (tie): Upcycled Footstool 
A cute little footstool that became upcycled with paint and recycled belts. Super easy and fun project!




Number 10 (tie): 
 70's Coffee Table went Southwest
I loved turning this topless coffee table into a southwestern piece with pallet wood. The turquoise color and wood distressing went well together.




Number 9: 
Thrift Store and Road Rescue Outdoor Furniture Redos
Some road rescue and thrift store finds became new makeovers for our patio and decks.





Number 8: Cut the Cord Part 2, Solar Lighting 
Several regular indoor and outdoor light fixtures became solarized by cutting cords and using some waterproofing with a little creativity.






Number 7: Coffee Table Repurposed into Kitchen Island 
Our former coffee table became repurposed when I built a base for it and turned it into a kitchen island. 




Number 6: Updated Brass Chandelier 

A thrift store score! An outdated brass lamp got a makeover to use in our "antiquish" dining room. 





Number 5: Topless End Tables Redo

A pair of thrift shop end tables were a bargain because they were missing glass tops. Using craft paper, I made faux leather tops to add them to our livingroom. 





Number 4: Trash to Treasure Spa Tub Redo 


This Craigslist find was a freebie. I used bondo to repair the leak problem and gave it a paint job while hubby added the new tub siding. 




Number 3: Junkyard Step Chair Redo 

Looking for a fender for my truck, hubby brought me this vintage step chair from a junkyard. After I finished sanding and painting it, I added a thrift shop faux leather skirt and some belts to get this new industrial look for only... $11.00 ! 






Number 2: Thrift Store Toy Horse Upcycled into a Garden Sculpture

A mangled hair and mane plastic toy horse was a blast to make into an outdoor garden sculpture. As it appears to be cast iron, but underneath the paint job,  it is a toy with plaster of paris and exterior caulking.


And the number one viewed is:  
Repurposed Treadle Sewing Machine Base. 

A badly damaged sewing machine became utilized by using the base for an upcycled table. (The other parts went to a recent treadle machine repair.) 




My own favorite of the year: 

Roadside rescue table. I loved how it turned out and of course, the color. 




Being amazed at everyone's interest and delighted with all of the kind comments, I'm so grateful and looking forward to sharing 2015 with you.

Thank you for a wonderful 2014! 




Happy New Year! 







7 comments:

  1. Audra @ Renewed ProjectsDecember 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

    Wow! You had a wonderfully productive year, such beautiful redos. My favorite is the toy horse to statue, it just blew me away! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie@The Interior FrugalistaDecember 31, 2014 at 2:01 PM

    Robin your talent never ceases to amaze me - you're a makeover rock star! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us in 2015. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy, Creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were all amazing and so creative. My personal favorite was the beachy torquoise dresser. I can't wait to see your new projects in 2015. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaunna @ Tempting ThymeJanuary 1, 2015 at 5:30 PM

    What a great year you have had!!!! Congratulations! My favorite is the road side rescue and the sewing machine base table! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed how my favorites are different from others because I did a chunk of work this past year. But I do realize many views are based on internet searches too. If I changed this to our blog world, the top ten would be similar to mine. (We think alike.) The toy horse is another favorite of mine. He held up throughout the heat, rain and storms of the summer and I brought him in after a few hard frosts. I'm impressed. I recommend this one to anyone considering doing it. He held up very well. I found another horse the same size with a different pose that I'm adding to the flower garden.


    Thank you so much, Audra. I really appreciate your visit and kind comment. Happy New Year! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearing that from one of my favorite creative rock stars elates me. I can't wait to see your work too, Marie! Peas of a pod, some of us are. Thank you, sweetie! Cheers to 2015... let's keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That road rescue was in sad shape and ended up being in my heart... and my dad's favorite. He now has it as his morning desk. A double happy ending to a sad roadside story.


    The sewing machine base table, unfortunately is not among us here. I took it to my first booth sales and it sold right away. But it was to a lovely elderly couple that adored it. The kindest couple I met that day. Other pieces to that sad treadle machine ended up going into a repair project for my son's fiancee's machine. Which may end up belonging to my grandchild someday.


    I'm pleased to say that I put a lot of heart and soul into what I do and can't thank anyone enough for appreciating it. Especially DIY peers like you. Thank you, Shaunna! I can't wait to see what you have for us during this new year!

    ReplyDelete